**If you have an older version installed, just download and install the new files.
November 16th, 2012
Partisan Nation version 1.07 update released
November 9th, 2012
- Fixes another duplicate politician name bug (Tim Johnson this time) that was causing some strange behavior and possible crashes in saved games. I wrote a script to double check the politician files and there should be no other duplicate names causing problems. The Tim Johnson in Illinois is now Timothy Johnson.
- Fixes a bug in the saved game code that was saving the next year's election queue in a slightly wrong format. This caused the next year after you loaded a saved game to not have the correct primaries/general elections scheduled.
Partisan Nation version bumped to 1.06 for Windows
November 2nd, 2012
- This should fix a false positive that some anti-virus were detecting in the windows version.
Partisan Nation version 1.06 update released
October 30th, 2012
- Fixes a problem with getting the program to run on Mac OS X 10.6
Partisan Nation version 1.05 update released
- Fixes a regression from 1.04 that was causing crashes when an election attempted to run after loading a saved game. Accidently caused this when I was trying to figure out the whole two Mike Rogers thing in 1.04. They're still annoying me!
October 29th, 2012
Partisan Nation version 1.04 update released
- Game Balance -- Increased the amount of money you get each day from fundraising
- Game Balance -- Lowered the time for a bill to work it's way through congress down to 30 days from 60 days
- Game Balance -- Set each state's GR/Org ratings so your decisions here will have a more noticable effect on the 2012 election
- Game Balance -- Some more tweaks to politicians' stats
- Feature -- Added bonuses for Party Leaders, based on office they're holding or running for
- Improvement -- Switched the Party Leaders over to daily actions, instead of one action every x days, as that was annoying
- UI -- Changed the map Org/GR/Fund screens to give better feedback.
- UI -- Changed the rounding on politicians' stats' bars to better reflect the underlying stats.
- UI -- Added a "P" next to the Democrats or Republicans on the Congress Tab to show which party has the presidency
- Bug -- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash-to-desktop when selecting "Ideology" for your party leader's actions if you were playing the Democrats
- Bug -- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash-to-desktop on games saved in 2012 and some problems for other games
- Bug -- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash-to-dekstop or other problems due to their being two "Mike Rogers" in the US House. The one in Michigan is now "Michael Rogers." This one was really annoying to figure out and fix. :P
- Bug -- Fixed a display bug that would show a state's Org/GR/Camp rating as 0 when it was > 5
- Bug -- Fixed a display bug that was showing incorrect Campaign spending costs for Democrats after you increased or decreased a state's level
- Bug -- Fixed a display bug on the Congress tab, showing incorrect "Days Left"
- Bug -- Fixed another bug that could cause problems with saving your game on Windows
October 29th, 2012
There was a problem with the installer for 1.03. It's been rebuilt. If you had trouble running the program after installing: downloading & installing 1.03 again should now work.
October 28th, 2012
Partisan Nation version 1.03 update released
- Fixes an issue where the first time you click OK on the saved games screen, the game would not save on Windows (later attempts worked)
- Fixes some problems loading information from each state when loading a saved game, which caused some strange behavior
- Fixes a crash-to-desktop bug caused when you go beyond Dec 31st to a new year after loading a saved game.
- Fixes a problem with the Demo warning popping up even after the game was unlocked after a particular combination of saving, loading, and restarting games.
- Fixes the polling code for unopposed races. This was most noticable in Louisiana, but all unopposed races were bugged.
October 27th, 2012
Partisan Nation version 1.02 update released
- Fixes a crash-to-desktop when selecting someone that currently doesn't hold an office to be one of your party leaders
- Some minors changes to a few politicians stats
October 25th, 2012
Partisan Nation version 1.01 update released
- Fixes for game balance and some minor user interface changes (UI)
October 24th, 2012
Released Partisan Nation 1.00!